Saturday, January 11, 2014

Mini-Whip active antenna 10kHz to 30MHz

So, what's the story with the active antenna?
A few years ago I assembled a PM-SRD software defined radio. I needed a small and low profile antenna for the SDR. After some googling I ended up selecting the Mini-Whip active Antenna.
The Mini Whip ative antenna was invented by Roelof Bakker, PA0RDT.
For a detailed explanation on how this antenna works, try here and here.
For now, I need to sort out the missing stuff for ths project. Here's the list:

  1. I need a 12-15V small power supply, capable of delivering 50mA.
  2. I need 3 x SO239 (or BNC?) Chassis Mounting Female Sockets.
  3. I need some small 50 ohm coax (RG-316 or RG-188).
  4. I need to come up with some sort of PVC housing for the antenna.
  5. Also, I need some housing for the antenna supply module.
  6. Finally, after all is done I need to sort out some kind of a plastic mast to raise the antenna.
So, tomorrow I'll get this list on the way.
Hopefully, in the end, I'll get something like this:



No comments:

Post a Comment